We’re sharing with you the six secrets of happiness from the author of Dancing by the Light of the Moon, Gyles Brandreth. You may recognise a few and some others might be utterly new – in any case, we hope they contribute to more frequent moments of joy.
- Be a Leaf on a Tree. Be you – an individual – but attached to part of a larger whole that’s growing/thriving. This could be anything from being in a choir or a reading group or anything where you are part of a community.
- Cultivate a Passion. Do something you LOVE, something that sustains you, but that is not work related !
- Break the Mirror. Stop thinking about yourself, look UP and OUT. Those who look to the world beyond themselves tend to have more faith in life.
- Live in the Moment. Focus on what’s happening in the here and now and relish it, focus on your senses
- Don’t Resist Change. We should from time to time rock the boat and embrace change.
- ‘Be Happy’: As the Dalai Lama said: ‘ Choose to be optimistic – it just feels better.”