- This event has passed.
D&I How To …Develop Psychological Safety at Work for Greater Inclusion
21 July 2021 @ 12:30 - 13:30
In the next session in our series of “Diversity & Inclusion How To” webinars you will hear how one of the essential elements of an inclusive team and the sense of belonging is psychological safety. But what is psychological safety exactly and how does one achieve it in your team?
In this virtual session, Voice At The Table associate and resilience coach Claire Thomas will take you through the essence of psychological safety, explain why it is a fundamental part of inclusion and show you what to do to achieve it. Filled with practical tips, this session will leave you understanding how psychologically safe your team is and what each of us can do to make it a more inclusive place for every team member.
What we’ll cover:
- What is psychological safety? What it is and what it is not.
- Why does it matter / why is it important from an inclusion perspective?
- What are the benefits and risks of working in a psychological un/safe environment and how to recognise the signs and signals that it’s one or the other / the business case
- Reviewing parallel models e.g. Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs / Lencioni’s Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Example case studies from the workplace – discussion
- Tips to help create a psychologically safe environment. What you could do/ask for.
- Action planning and follow up resources
Claire is a learning and development professional with over twenty years’ experience in the private and public sectors. She has a passion for helping individuals, groups and teams realise their ambitions and potential and has done this through a wide variety of means including:
- Designing and delivering training courses
- Assessment centres
- Facilitating team away days
- Team building events
- Coaching individuals and
- Using psychometrics to recruit, develop and retain talent.
Claire has experience working with management consultants in a global consulting firm is a member of the British Psychological Society, an AoEC Accredited Associate Executive Coach and is qualified to use a wide range of psychometric assessment tools including; Myers Briggs, WAVE, Belbin, Lumina and Talent Gene.