- This event has passed.
D&I Strategy: From Ideas to Actions! 3 Week Virtual Training Programme
April 21 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
In this training we will show you how to link your D&I Ambition to the company’s Business Goals, how to collect quantitative and qualitative data and measure success. By the end of it you will have your D&I action plan in place.
Do you have responsibility for setting the D&I strategy for your organisation but don’t know where to begin? Or perhaps there is already a strategy in place but it has not been effective? Perhaps your organisation’s priorities have changed again as a result of a merger or reorganisation and the D&I strategy needs adjusting?
If any one of those scenarios apply then this session will be very relevant.
Dates and time: 21 & 23 April 28 & 30 April 5 & 7 May 2pm – 3pm
In this 3-week online programme you will:
- Define your overall D&I Ambition and link it to business goals and values
- Set longer-term objectives and priorities for the shorter-term; and
- Put in place a detailed Action Plan
See below for a detailed course outline.
Each week we will offer 1 hour of online content followed by 1 hour drop-in clinic.
In total, you will get 6 online hours of content and interaction, access to experts and peers.
Each week, we will
- Go through an in-depth overview of the topic,
- Assign a small amount of coursework that will help you implement what you have learned after the content session and
- Provide you with an opportunity to ask questions to trainers and compare outcomes with others during an online drop-in clinic.
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand how to tie the D&I strategy to the business strategy of your organisation;
- Be able to analyse the D&I data in your organisation;
- Know which data you still need to collect and how best to do that;
- Have a D&I ambition, roadmap and action plan for the next 12 months that is right for your organisation; and
- Know how the various pieces of the D&I puzzle fit together to create the most impactful result for your organisation.
- Be able to choose quick wins and set priorities based on the right criteria;
This session is for you if:
- You currently have responsibility for driving Diversity & Inclusion;
- You are a Director in your company;
- Your role sits within Human Resources and you want to learn how to motivate your internal clients to meet the overall objectives of the organisation;
- You are a Diversity & Inclusion practitioner or champion; or
- You have a keen interest in D&I and want to learn how to start embedding it where you are.
Week 1: Your D&I Ambition
- Defining Diversity and Inclusion and understanding its purpose
- Understanding your organisation’s mission and vision
- Creating your company’s D&I Ambition
Week 2: Setting Objectives, Collecting D&I Data and Identifying Priorities
- Setting company-specific D&I Objectives
- Determining priorities: looking at where you are now relative to the goals and objectives you have identifies
- D&I Assessment: understanding how to collect quantitative and qualitative data, what information you need to collect and set priorities based on the data you already have.
Week 3: Outlining your D&I Action Plan and Summary & Review
- Creating an Action Plan that includes the following elements (Timelines, Roles and Responsibilities, Quick Wins)
- How to Build Awareness
- How to set KPIs
- Review of all materials covered over the 3 weeks
- Time for Q&A
- Look at what’s next for you and your organisation
What people say about The Big Fish Academy events:
"It has been great to hear honest and practical experience of other D&I practitioners, get new insights and bring greater focus to my work " – Jo Stansfield, Global Lead Diversity & Inclusion at Aveva
"A really well-balanced day, insightful panel contributions and thought-provoking discussions. Feel energised to go back to my senior management team with a strategy and plan! "– Nicky Ormrod, General Counsel at SEGA UK
"What a thought provoking and inspiring day. I was truly blown away by the different speakers – they all covered interesting topics and their passion was great! I’m looking forward to the next event!"– Rosie Hutton, HR manager CBRE
"The Big Fish Academy has broadened my horizons as to how I can go back to my organisation to help implement change for creating a better gender balance in the next year." – Bridie Sheldon, Client Director at Hitachi Vantara