- This event has passed.
D&I TRAINING: Getting Senior Leaders on Board
March 12 @ 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM£350.00
- Do you find that your Diversity & Inclusion initiatives seem to be held back by certain people in the organisation?
- Do you perceive resistance when you try to involve someone in Diversity & Inclusion?
- Do you come across people that ‘just don’t’ get Diversity & Inclusion?
- Do you see that people don’t do what they promise and you need them to work with you to have more impact?
In this session we will show you skills and techniques that impact people and influence them to get on board with Diversity & Inclusion. We focus clearly on the organisational, interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills needed to get people to want to give you their support. It's a practical course, which will leave you feeling more confident in your ability to influence team leaders and middle managers.
- Identify your key stakeholders and recognise what is holding them back;
- Learn how to put yourself in the shoes of your audience, and tailor the business case;
- Understand and practice with nudging techniques;
- Practice with influencing skills based on insights from neuroscience;
- Explore your spheres of influence, see how you can grow these spheres, and consider measures you can take to influence people whether you know them or not.
Your key take-aways:
- A clear understanding of your stakeholders, and the way they see the world;
- Know the right words and strategies to get key stakeholders that are currently resistant on board;
- Be able to apply a range of influencing techniques;
- A personal action plan, identifying who, where and how you will grow your impact.
This session is for you if:
- You currently have responsibility for driving Diversity & Inclusion;
- You are a Director in your company
- Your role sits within Human Resources and you want to learn how to motivate your internal clients to meet the overall objectives of the organisation;
- You are a Diversity & Inclusion practitioner or champion; or
- You have a keen interest in D&I and want to learn how to start embedding it where you are.
What people say about The Big Fish Academy events:
“What a thought provoking and inspiring day. I was truly blown away by the different speakers – they all covered interesting topics and their passion was great! I’m looking forward to the next event!” – Rosie Hutton, HR manager CBRE
“A really well-balanced day, insightful panel contributions and thought-provoking discussions. Feel energised to go back to my senior management team with a strategy and plan!” – Nicky Ormrod, General Counsel at SEGA UK
“It has been great to hear honest and practical experience of other D&I practitioners, get new insights and bring greater focus to my work” – Jo Stansfield, Global Lead Diversity & Inclusion at Aveva
“The Big Fish Academy has broadened my horizons as to how I can go back to my organisation to help implement change for creating a better gender balance in the next year.” – Bridie Sheldon, Client Director at Hitachi Vantara
Join our community and become one of our change agents.