- This event has passed.
D&I VIRTUAL TRAINING: Selecting and Designing Impactful Initiatives
10 July 2020 @ 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Selecting and Designing Impactful Programmes and Initiatives
There are so many potential iniatives and it can be hard to choose a comprehensive programme that fits your situation.
- What do you go for? – Family friendly policies, flexible working, unconscious bias training, women leadership programmes, sponsoring, mentoring, reverse mentoring, coaching, inclusive behaviour training, staff networks, de-biasing your processes, (gender) neutral advertising, equal pay audit, work with rolemodels, work with schools, do online training?
- What will actually have most impact in your situation?
- How to separate hype from programmes with real Return on Investment?
- Where to start?
- What to do if you are joining on many programmes are already in place?
Many experienced HR and D&I managers can feel a sense of overwhelm by the sheer amount of ever changing information and opinion out there.
In this training session you will learn what initiatives work and don’t work, and why. How to choose the right initiatives for you. What the key initatives are about, and how to introduce and run them.
- Key initiatives and their effectiveness;
- Choosing and running impactful, effective initiatives;
- Places to find inspiration, more tools and resources on a particular initiative;
- Designing initiatives with organisational buy-in;
- Plenty of time to practice and apply the learning to your own situation.
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand what type of inititives and programmes are more and less effective to shape a diverse and inclusive organisation and why;
- Know how to choose programmes that will have most impact in your situation and that form a coherent, effective programme;
- Know better how to design programmes so they have wider buy-in and are sustainable;
- Have drafted a coherent set of initiatives that have priority in your own organisation.
This session is for you if:
- You currently have responsibility for driving Diversity & Inclusion;
- You are a Director in your company
- Your role sits within Human Resources and you want to learn how to motivate your internal clients to meet the overall objectives of the organisation;
- You are a Diversity & Inclusion practitioner or champion; or
- You have a keen interest in D&I and want to learn how to start embedding it where you are.
Please note: In this session we assume you already have a basic understanding of Diversity & Inclusion, including the business benefits and how to get senior leaders on board.
What people say about The Big Fish Academy events:
“What a thought provoking and inspiring day. I was truly blown away by the different speakers – they all covered interesting topics and their passion was great! I’m looking forward to the next event!” – Rosie Hutton, HR manager CBRE
“A really well-balanced day, insightful panel contributions and thought-provoking discussions. Feel energised to go back to my senior management team with a strategy and plan!” – Nicky Ormrod, General Counsel at SEGA UK
“It has been great to hear honest and practical experience of other D&I practitioners, get new insights and bring greater focus to my work” – Jo Stansfield, Global Lead Diversity & Inclusion at Aveva
“The Big Fish Academy has broadened my horizons as to how I can go back to my organisation to help implement change for creating a better gender balance in the next year.” – Bridie Sheldon, Client Director at Hitachi Vantara
Join our community and become one of our change agents.