- This event has passed.
Workshop: Networking Survival Guide
15 October 2015 @ 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Become an effective and confident networker
In this interactive workshop our expert image stylist, Joanna Gaudoin will help delegates to develop the necessary skills to become effective networkers and learn how to generate more opportunities for the advancement of their careers.
During the workshop delegates will:
- Understand how to prepare effectively to attend a networking event
- Discover how to confidently and appropriately enter and leave groups at an event
- Develop the skills to build rapport with others
- Learn how to get permission to follow-up and create opportunities
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Be highly effective networkers; to represent their organisation well at events
- Make an impact to bring in new clients
- Feel confident attending networking events, transforming the impact they have on others and the results they obtain
This workshop is for you if:
- You need to attend networking events for your role but dread them
- You want to understand what you could get out of networking events
- You attend events without any goals
- You know you need to attend events but fear entering the room full of strangers
- You struggle to start conversations with new people and build on going professional relationships
- You want to have an outcome from the networking events you attend
Your Trainer: Joanna Gaudoin
Joanna helps individuals and organisations build better relationships and achieve greater professional success. Credibility, likeability and trust are the foundation of good professional relationships, all of which are heavily influenced by personal image. Experience and expertise will always be vital but how and what we communicate with others about ourselves and the perception they form of us are pivotal for success. These skills help us differentiate ourselves positively and build credibility for better professional relationships, whilst also enhancing confidence and career success. Through her one-to-one programme with women and running corporate training, Joanna helps individuals work on their appearance, body language and communication for different business scenarios. She helps people achieve their goals for their own career and the success of their organisation. Prior to running her own company, Joanna worked in marketing and consultancy for almost ten years with blue-chip clients such as Mars, Diageo, Toshiba and SABMiller.