- This event has passed.
Masterclass: Prioritisation and Resilience
19 January 2016 @ 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
How to focus on what’s important, overcome procrastination and minimise distractions. Learn strategies to develop your resilience.
In this masterclass you will learn strategies that work to ensure that what you get done in your day are the most important tasks, not just the easiest! We will also show you tips to beat procrastination, minimise distractions and improve your focus. Becoming resilient is also key as this means you are better equipped to handle whatever is thrown at you and manage the demands of clients, peers, teams, managers, stakeholders and family in a rational and achievable way.
During the masterclass you will learn:
- Where you are wasting time and adopt strategies to use your time more effectively
- How to prioritise and focus on the most important things to get done
- How to recognise and stop being distracted by time thieves
- The difference between multi-tasking and task-switching and why the latter is an incredibly inefficient use of your time.
- What your Golden Hour is and how to protect it
- What resilience is and why being resilient is so important
Strategies to become more resilient
By the end of the masterclass you will:
- Take away your own personalised plan to manage your precious resource, time, to best effect, so that at the end of each day you’ve got the right things done.
- Have a tool kit of strategies to build your resilience
- Know how to achieve more in less time
- Feel more in control and able to manage what’s expected of you
This masterclass is for you if:
- You ever set aside an hour to do that really important task and find that the time has passed and you haven’t even begun?
- If you have projects that seem too overwhelming to start or things that have been on your To Do List for weeks on end?
- You get distracted by incoming emails, ‘must-read’ links on Linked-in, or think that if you deal with all the small, easy things first (even just sending a quick text) that it will clear your mind so you can focus on the bigger task on your list
- You are always late to meetings and appointments despite your best intentions.
- You feel overwhelmed by what’s asked of you and you try and accomplish a bit of everything and feel that actually you do nothing well
- You spend your time fire fighting rather than focusing your effort and adding value
Your Trainer: Cara Moore
Cara is a Certified Coach for the International Coach Federation (ICF). She has coached leaders and business owners to resolve their challenges, gain clarity and make the ‘right’ decisions. Cara also works with existing and newly formed teams to develop collaboration, commitment and drive high performance. She is an experienced trainer and adopts a facilitative and coaching style to ensure that new learning is embedded and ideas are translated into real action for change. Cara has a personal interest in supporting women to make their careers work – how to develop a confident presence and navigate a successful career path, and how to manage the demands of clients, colleagues, children and elder care. She advises on best practice to increase the retention levels of talented women at the mid-career level. Cara has a professional services background in Chartered Surveying and was a Cambridge graduate.