- This event has passed.
Workshop: Develop Your Visible Personal Brand
14 April 2016 @ 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Jeff Bezos suggests that “your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room”. This workshop will help you understand and take control of your personal brand. You will learn about the benefits of branding and work out what your authentic brand looks like. You will also explore ways to develop your brand and visibility to strengthen your career.
OBJECTIVE OF THE TRAINING:
This workshop explores the aspects of personal branding which can help to build a successful career. We aim to help delegates to better understand their own strengths and unique qualities and to use these consistently and visibly to progress their working lives. Whilst recognising the role that personal appearance can play, the focus is primarily upon what people do, how they do it and how to maximise the value of their action.
DURING THE WORKSHOP DELEGATES WILL:
- Learn about the benefits of personal branding for career progression and explore the boundaries between individual branding and corporate conformity
- Use exercises and discussion to lay the foundations for their own personal brand, built on their unique strengths, values and passions
- Share experiences and develop strategies to increase and improve visibility in a variety of settings
BY THE END OF THE WORKSHOP DELEGATES WILL:
- Understand why a clear and consistent personal brand is a vital element for career success
- Hold the key components of their personal brand and know how to develop it
- Have an action plan to build personal visibility, tailored to their working preferences, situation and corporate culture
This workshop is ideally suited to women aiming for middle leadership who may be struggling to differentiate themselves from their peers, or to women who are finding it hard to achieve visibility in their firm or sector.
Your Trainer: Katie Driver
Katie’s aim is to help people achieve the powerful thinking which leads to real impact at work. She is particularly interested in helping quieter and less outwardly confident individuals to make their mark in the workplace. Combining coaching, training and consultancy, Katie helps individuals and organisations to address blocks to effective thinking and then to develop clear and sustainable action. Katie is keen to ensure that organisations maximise the thinking power of all their people by making the most of their diverse talents.
Katie has been involved in training and development throughout her working life. Coaching since 2001, she recently graduated from the Meyler Campbell Business Coach Programme. Katie has designed and run internal and external training programmes, as well as regularly mentoring colleagues and supporting learning sets.