- This event has passed.
Workshop: Success strategies for Introverts
7 October 2015 @ 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Understand and value your quiet strengths and learn how to use them authentically and successfully.
A workshop in which quieter women can explore authentic strategies for success at work. This workshop enables quiet or introvert women to recognise and value their inner strengths, to unlock their capacity to speak out authentically when needed, and to develop strategies for success in workplaces which value extravert qualities.
During the workshop delegates will:
- Learn about the different strengths and qualities of introverts and extraverts
- Explore the drivers shaping ‘noisy’ workplaces and understand the value that quieter approaches continue to bring
- Learn how to develop louder or more extravert approaches whilst remaining true to themselves
- Discuss practical strategies for handling challenging situations which build on their quiet effectiveness
- Have time for discussion and reflection
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Be able to draw upon their quiet strengths in a broader range of work contexts
- Understand why and when alternative approaches might be needed
- Feel more confident speaking up and speaking out when necessary
This workshop is for:
- Women who prefer the quieter and more thoughtful approaches to work typically favoured by introverts
- Women who may sometimes struggle to gain the visibility and profile required to progress in some organisations
Read related blog post here
Your Trainer: Katie Driver
Katie’s aim is to help people achieve the powerful thinking which leads to real impact at work. She is particularly interested in helping quieter and less outwardly confident individuals to make their mark in the workplace. Combining coaching, training and consultancy, Katie helps individuals and organisations to address blocks to effective thinking and then to develop clear and sustainable action. Katie is keen to ensure that organisations maximise the thinking power of all their people by making the most of their diverse talents.
Katie has been involved in training and development throughout her working life. Coaching since 2001, she recently graduated from the Meyler Campbell Business Coach Programme. Katie has designed and run internal and external training programmes, as well as regularly mentoring colleagues and supporting learning sets.