In this workshop you will learn how to become a more effective communicator, both in and out of the workplace. You will develop self confidence and personal impact so that you can communicate with more clarity and relevance. You will acquire the tools and the mind set to influence; to be more in control. You will learn techniques to get your voice heard, at the table and beyond.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Recognise the fundamental building blocks of good communication and how to acquire them
- Understand how to be more assertive and persuasive while remaining genuine
- Learn how to use skilful communication to build relationships, at home and at work
- Know how to eliminate the bad habits which are undermining your impact and your confidence
- Be more in control.
This workshop is for you if you identify with any of the following:
- You don’t think you have the impact on your audience that you desire/deserve
- You feel people are not taking you seriously
- You often leave a situation wishing you had communicated better and thereby achieved a better outcome
- You have been told that your communication skills are letting you down
- Your lack of confidence/impact/skill are holding you back in your professional and personal life.
Your Trainer: Jayne Constantinis
Many of us struggle to maintain control of our time and our workload. Some of us find it challenging to manage other people. Being unable to say “no” to colleagues (senior and junior), or experiencing difficulties in guiding/directing people can hold us back and make our working environment unfulfilling and even unpleasant.
In this highly practical workshop, Jayne Constantinis, our communication skills expert will help you to develop skills for effective and assertive communication. Focusing on mindset, content and ‘performance’, you will learn to take control of difficult situations and manage challenging conversations with greater confidence.
DURING THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
- Identify unhelpful patterns of communication
- Eliminate habits which undermine your credibility
- Learn to grow confidence through meticulous preparation
- Develop stronger persuasion and negotiation techniques
- Acquire more powerful non-verbal communication tools, especially eye contact and posture
- Learn to plan and structure content to be able to resonate with your audience
- Learn to use impactful language
- Become more comfortable dealing with verbal conflict and learn to field difficult questions
- Role play a variety of different scenarios (tailored to your needs) to establish new behaviours and practice new techniques.
BY THE END OF THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
- Understand the fundamental principles of assertive communication
- Recognize your own strengths and weaknesses
- Have a clear strategy, backed up with practical tools and techniques, for becoming more assertive
- Know what it feels like to be in control in challenging situations
- Be more confident.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
- You currently have some leadership responsibility or will do so in the future
- You struggle to communicate assertively and often fail to achieve your desired outcomes
- You want to feel more confident in your ability to persuade, negotiate and delegate
- You would like to be able to ‘push back’ and say “no”
- You want to enhance your work/life balance.
YOUR TRAINER: JAYNE CONSTANTINIS