This month, meet Jacqueline Heron, Voice at the Table’s resident expert on stress, resilience and natural strengths.
Jacqueline helps people manage pressure effectively and develop resilience, enabling them to deal with unexpected difficulties or extended periods of pressure - and emerge stronger and more able. Jacqueline enjoys helping professionals realise their natural strengths and anchor them to everything they do and experience, making them naturally more resilient.
Jacqueline also works with organisations on ethical resilience – helping them “do the right thing” in times of adversity. Starting with the leadership team, she focuses on aligning their stated values with accepted practice and behaviour.
Away from work, Jacqueline admits to being a bit of a Thespian and says she used to enjoy “treading the boards” in her local amateur dramatic society.
She also has a passion for helping young people fulfil their potential.
She said: “When my daughters were in Brownies, I found myself in the position of Brown Owl for a number of years to help keep the pack going. All those years of watching Blue Peter finally paid off!”
If Jacqueline was “God for a day” and had the power to change one thing in the world it would be improving access to good education for everyone. This includes awareness of the opportunities available and the confidence to take advantage of them, especially for young people from low income backgrounds. She says it is one of the reasons she is a mentor for the Social Mobility Foundation.
Jacqueline has over 25 years’ leadership experience and runs sessions on the following topics:
- A good day at the office: how to manage stress, take control and improve resilience
- Are you making the right impression? How the words you use influence your career
- Don't leave your career to chance: how to take control and build a resilient career
- Know your strengths, boost your performance
- Develop a growth mindset and build your resilience
- What got you here won't get you there: how to move from a successful contributor role to a successful management role
- Building inclusive teams with 4 generations in the workplace
- START: Stress and resilience training (1/2 day and full day only)
Join Jacqueline's webinar on how to have a stress-free summer by registering here